By Us, For Us.
Our mission as the European Network of People of African Descent (ENPAD) is to work together as Black activists and organizations to advocate for the political advancement of People of African Descent in Europe.
We do not introduce new topics for political engagement, instead focusing on using our strength as a network to amplify and support existing activities and organizations from within Black communities in Europe.
Overall, our aims are to promote:
- Advocacy and political action by and for People of African Descent
- Awareness on intersectionality, thus building a political movement which challenges the interlocking systems of racial, sexual, heterosexual and class oppression
- International frameworks such as the Durban Declaration and the Convention of the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (ICERD)
- the ownership of the UN Decade for People of African Descent by People of African Descent
- ENPAD educational forums, trainings and workshops for People of African descent
COUNTRIES ACROSS THE EUROPEAN UNION
ESTIMATED PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT IN EUROPE